By Eric YL Nyioh
This is a classic foolproof cake that is at once delicious and nutrition. If you are looking for a birthday cake that is different from those commercially available, try this cake would bring extra sparkle to the birthday child's eye!
200g plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
½ teaspoon mixed spice
Pinch of salt
1 cup grated raw carrot
½ cut chopped canned pineapple
200g ground almonds
- Melt margarine in a pan over gentle heat. Leave to cool.
- Sieve flour, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice and salt together twice.
- Squeeze out half the juice from the carrot and pineapple.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a cake mixer till light and thick.
- Fold in almonds, carrot, flour mixture, pineapple and melted margarine.
- Pour batter into a greased and paper-lined tin. Bake at 160c for 45 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Leave cake in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Ice with cream cheese frosting if desired.
Cream cheese frosting ingredients:
125g cream cheese
250g icing sugar
- In a cake mixer, whip cream cheese with butter. Add icing sugar gradually, beating well between each addition.
- Spread on the carrot cake.
- Allow the icing to become firm before cutting the cake.
You may check out these related blogs :
Cake lover may also click these :